Saturday, March 14, 2009

World Golf Championships- CA Championship

The World Golf Championships- CA Championship has proved to be a coming out party for Phil Mickelson's short game. WOW! Have you ever seen one golfer make so many key chip-ins in one round? I think he only used the putter for 20 putts in the entire round!

On Thursday Phil was HOT!! HOT!!! HOT!!! from anywhere inside 150 yds. But to make sure that nobody thought that Round One was a fluke Phil was almost as great on Friday! I hope he keeps it up through Sunday evening.

It is nice to see Mike Weir playing well. He played with Tiger for the opening two rounds and he sure did not let all the media hoopla get to his game.

There are a lot of great stories this week, Rory McIlroy sure has captured the media's attention. But I do think talk of the young Irishman claiming World #1 status is a bit premature.

But, with so many good players chasing Phil it looks like a great weekend for golf on TV!

Switching courses: I am delighted that D.A. Points is playing great. Last week he made a final round charge and grabbed a top ten finish. This week, in Puerto Rico he has carded rounds of 70 and 68 and opens this morning tied for 12th. Good Luck D.A.!

No comments: