Sunday, June 10, 2007

Adam Scott booming his way to victory?

231 yards with a 7 iron? That is exactly what Adam Scott did on the 10th hole of the first round of the Stanford St. Jude Championship!

I hit a long ball. But the best I can do with a 7 iron is about 175 yards. If I catch it square and have a following wind.

The young Australian golfer never ceases to amaze! It is about time he captured a title and the St. Jude would be nice warm-up to the US Open next week.

Speaking of the Open, on Thursday, the TPC Southwind certainly looked like it was showcasing itself for consideration as future venue for the US Open. You know: ridiculous greens, tight shots, crazy winds, etc.

Adam Scott has been playing well for the past few weeks. Without his one hole meltdown last week, he would have been in the winner's circle. I look for him to have a great Sunday and leave Memphis with a title in his pocket and even more confidence heading to Oakmont.

No comments: