Round two of the Accenture Match Play was full of surprises!
Who would have guessed that Steve Stricker, the tournament's number one seed would lose to Ross McGowan? Now McGowan is a good player in his own right, but I bet even he would have had doubts about his ability to get past Stricker.
How about Mike Weir? He went on a birdie binge that had everyone wondering what was going on.
Yesterday, I talked about three matches that I thought were interesting to watch. And, I was right, even though I missed picking the winner in two of the three matches.
1/ I picked Justin Leonard to edge out Ian Poulter. Well, I was right about it being a tight match, but Poulter won in extra holes. (Did you notice that Poulter did not wear is usual "loud" clothing, instead, he opted for rather ordinary blue pants!)
Today Ian Poulter faces Adam Scott, who is on a mission to comeback from a rather ordinary 2009 season and play more to his potential. Scott is on the right track after beating Masters Champ Angel Cabrera. Certainly, Poulter will be a challenge to Scott's comeback.
2/ I thought the David Toms - Sergio Garcia match would be interesting and again I was right except I chose the wrong winner. Garcia ousted Toms and will face Anders Hansen who like Adam Scott defeated a major winner from last year Lucas Glover. Look for Hansen to continue his winning ways.
3/ Sean O'Hair was a winner yesterday and today he faces Open winner Stewart Cink. I think it all ends today for O/Hair.
Want to improve your golf game? Check this out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment