Saturday, August 30, 2008

Weir Eats Up TPC Boston

10 under par 61!

Wow! Who knew Mike Weir had that kind of game. The golfing world has always known that Mike Weir is truly one of the nicest guys on tour and a pretty darn good golfer, but a 61 in the playoffs, fantastic!

Now, before I get too carried away a quick look at the leader board reveals that a lot of golfers pretty much had their way on this course. This golf course seems to be well-laid out and poses some real tough golf decisions but for reason a lot of golfers scored well.

But, I am not complaining. I would rather see golfers battle natural difficulties than the ridiculous layouts and green and rough conditions we witness every year at the US Open and this year at the PGA Championship.

It seems unlikely but I would not be surprised if the winner posts a score better than -20.

Chip Shots: I was delighted to see Frank Nobilo providing great color commentary beside Kelly Tilghman (the best golf anchor on TV). Their coverage yesterday was great. But, then I have to say "I told you so!" A year ago in June, I wrote in this space that Nobilo is a "knowledgeable golf commentator and the veteran tour professional would make a great color commentator alongside Tilghman." Congratulations to the Golf Channel for listening.

No comments: