The final major of the season is upon us. I always think that trying to pick the winner in this one is perhaps the toughest major.
My Pick: Vijay Singh played well on Sunday to pick up another victory. Earlier in the season I thought that perhaps his 24/7, 365 days of playing and practicing had finally caught up with him. I just thought he had finally played out. But this past weekend he made me believe again. I just think he is on a roll.
Longshot: Billy Mayfair always seems to be in the mix in most tournaments. At this monster course anyone could slip by the crowd on Sunday. So why not Billy?
Really a Longshot: Colin Montgomery. Sounds dumb I know. But didn't the Euros kick American butt on a variation of this course in a recent Ryder Cup? So maybe the streak ends and Monty finally wins a PGA event that means something.
Others to consider: Padraig Harrington, Jim Furyk, Mike Weir and Adam Scott.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment